Thursday, December 22, 2011

December Luxe Box Review

Another month, another Loose Button Luxe Box Review.  So what did we receive this month?






As some of you may know, last month, some customers of Loose Button received an expired Moroccanoil product.  I was one of these customers.  In response, Loose Button indicated they would compensate us by replacing the item with a Moroccanoil Hairspray and a special something in the next box.  The following products were the replcements:

Moraccanoil Luminous Hairspray



Moraccanoil Shampoo & Conditioner



Now onto the regular box contents:

Keratase - Elixir Ultime


This was one of the choices in Loose Button's "First in Line" program where customers can pick from two different products for their Luxe Box and be guaranteed this item in their box.  Between the two choices - an DDF Advanced Firming Cream and the Keratase - I chose the Keratase eventhough I had previously received it in my October Luxe Box.  The full size of this is 125 ml for $50


Nina Ricci - L'Air du Temps & L'Elixir


I'm not keen on receiving perfume samples, but don't hate them, however, when those samples are less than half full, I would rather not even receive them.  I can get similar samples elsewhere, plus those samples are full.  The full sizes of these are $72 & $65 respectively.


Yves Rocher - Rouge Dragee Lipstick (full size)


I'm really not sure why I even received this, as I don't wear lipstick, and even previously asked Loose Button not to include lipstick in my boxes.  Full size is $5.

Also included in this month's box was a silver wrapped chocolate coin.

So after all that what did I think of this months box?  If you take away the replacement Moroccanoil products, you are left with little much in the way of "deluxe" samples.  I am very disappointed in my December box and give it a 2 out of 5.


*Note - I had recently contacted Loose Button to cancel my yearly subscription, which I just renewed in October, and was told that they would be happy to cancel, however because I paid for the full year I would not be receiving a refund for the remaining 10 months.  Alternatively I could transfer the subscription to someone else. WTH????

I am definitely NOT happy about this as we have not yet received the boxes and therefore Loose Button is keeping money that does not belong to them.   I am still trying to get my money refunded, and may look at contacting my lawyer for help to get the money I am owed refunded.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.
    You may as well get the boxes if they're not going to refund your money.
    I currently have mixed feelings about Luxe Box. I really liked November's box, but this month I got two fragrance samples (1 for men), a NYX $4 eyeliner, a Yves Rocher shower gel and the firming cream which was the only item remotely interesting.
    I'm going to give them another month or two before I make any decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my jaw literally dropped when i read about loose button's response to you trying to cancel your subscription. that is unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTH? That is just wrong that they are saying sure its fine to cancel but oh yea we aren't going to refund your money. That is just so wrong. I am so happy I decided to do it monthly.

    I am really disappointed with this months box too. This is the third month that i have gotten perfume samples.

    Wasn't that bonus item they emailed us about just that? The items this month weren't deluxe samples in my opinion. I am going to try it for another month and if its still the same I am going to cancel.

    I hope you can get it resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far not having any luck cancelling - they keep telling me if I cancel I'm SOL with getting my $$ back for the remaining months. I am not a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete