Thursday, December 22, 2011

December Glymm Beauty Box Review

Glymm (along with Topbox) is one of the top two beauty subscription services for me and I was very excited to finally find my December Glymm Box in my mail today!




Included in this month's box:





Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne Eau de Parfume

According to the info card "Parisienne is a floral, feminine yet sensual fragrance that will leave a trace of mystery everywhere you go. This luxurious scent wraps up a woman's body and stays with her all day long."


I've never tried YSL perfume, and was very happy to find this in my beauty box.  The sample is a very generous .25 fl oz (or 7.5 ml).  Full size is 50 ml for $75


Ahava - Mineral Hand Cream



According to the info card "Ahava lightweight lotion goes to work the minute you apply it with a powerful blend of ingredients to treat hand dryness and dermatitis.  It's rich, nourishing Dead Sea minerals hydrate and restore  moisture to even the most rough and scaly skin.  The hazel extracts soothe and soften dry skin without making it feel greasy."

Living in Western Canada where our Winter runs from October/November to April, one can never have enough hand cream.  I have hand creme in almost every room of my house, in my purse, and in my car.  I quickly tried this when I opened the box, and it a very nice light hand cream that isn't at all greasy - and the scent is very nice as well.  Full size is 3.4 oz for $20


Principessa - Dolce Dreams Whipped body Lotion


I was a little confused because my information card indicated I should have received a Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream.  However, I'm not complaining about receiving the Principessa lotion as I love their Pretty Piede Foot Cream and Bacio Lip Balm and was happy to see this in my box.


Sula - Natural Lip Gloss (full size)


The color I received was Secret Crush which is a nice rubyish red.  I wasn't familiar with Sula Beauty so when I saw this in my box, I went to their website to check them out.  They have a lot of interesting products and I'm even thinking of trying their Shea Butter Balm!   Full size is $8

Tthen of course, we can't forget about the jelly beans ...



And, a $10 off card for the Glymm Shop ...



Now, if you remember I was disappointed that in my November Glymm Box I received a black RGB nail polish and a royal blue Annabelle Smudge Paint that I really didn't think that was appropriate for someone my age.  I provided feedback to Glymm about possibly keeping a closer eye on the ages of their customers in the future when sending out sample colors so that for us "older" folks we'd get colors that were more suited to our age bracket.  Glymm was nice enough to include a different color Smudge Paint and RGB nail polish in my box this month.  Now there folks, is great customer service.



Glymm continues to provide quality deluxe samples from different brands each month, which is something I definitely appreciate.  I'm definitely happy with my subscription and if Glymm (and Topbox) continues to provide these types of samples, they'll definitely keep stealing customers from Loose Button.

If you are interested in ordering a Glymm Beauty Box for yourself or someone else, you can do so by using this link.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas we got pretty much the same box except I didn't get the hand cream in place of the missing Caudalie. But I did send a email and they will be adding that in my next box.

    I was okay with the box this month although this is my second box with a missing product. I am really happy with customer service.

    It was so nice that they provided replacements and I think they need to keep our ages in mind with the boxes.

    I subscribed to TopBox and won't get my first box until Feb. I think that they could give Loose buttons a run for their money if they keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topbox is awesome - at least in my opinion. I tried to cancel Loose Button but unfortunately I purchased an annual subscription in October and if I cancel, I won't get my $$ back for the months remaining ... I am not happy about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lipgloss arrived with the safety seal open and product missing? Did I get a tester?

    My Ahava was broken and leaked on the box. Chucked the lot.

    Glymm said they'd replace it but in future send pictures of the damage. Not impressed at all. It took them 12 days to respond to my emails.

    ReplyDelete