Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November Luxe Box Review

After a couple months of disappointments, I was anxious to see what this month's box offered ... and admit I cheated a bit by watching some reviews on Youtube.

When my box arrived on Monday, I just had to open it right away.



This months's samples:



Lise Watier - Eye Glitter Liner
According to the information card "nothing adds glamour & sparkle to your eyes like a touch of Eye Glitter Liner.  Its non-smudging water-based formula lasts & lasts, giving your eyes a bright pop of colour that will make them twinkle."  Full size is 6 ml for $18


I don't know about you, but while the liner looks pretty, I really don't want to put any sort of glitter near my eyes ... EEK.  Additionally, this was the third sample we have received from Lise Watier.  We had also received two Lise Watier samples in the October Luxe Box.


Pur Minerals - Neutral Foundation Primer
According to the information card "the correcting primer in neutral is your go-to beauty tool for concealing minor imperfections.  Designed for all skin tones and to even out the look of your skin tone with a natural look."  Full size is 30 mls for $31


This was the third Pur Minerals product included in a Luxe Box in a few months. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed to receive, yet again, another sample from this brand. In the October and September Luxe Boxes, we had already received samples from Pur Minerals.


Moroccanoil - Styling Cream
According to the information card "the extraordinary conditioning properties of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream are highly effective and versitile that is good for all hair types.  It provides soft-hold, adds definition, hydrates, leaves hair smooth, combats frizz and the effects of humidity."


I was very excited to receive this in my Luxe Box.  I'm not really one for putting pure Moroccanoil in my hair as it is fine and tends to be fly-away.  This may be a good alternative and am looking forward to trying this.


Benefit Cosmetics - Moisture Prep Toning Lotion
According to the information card "the special step for extra radiant skin that smooths & revitalizes, allowing skin to fully optimize benefits of your moisturizer.  Contains vitamin E, acetate, natural oat and meadow-sweet, botanical extracts known to purify & smooth while reducing fine lines.  This specialized forumla contains a blend of aloe leave & yeast extract, known to clarify & soothe the skin."

 

The first thing that I noticed in this lotion was "acetate" and the second was "yeast extract" ... .. another EEK moment ... I really don't know if I want to put either of those ingredients on my sensitive skin and I doubt I'll be trying this.


Teaopia - Cactus Fig Tea Kit
According to the information card "naturally flavoured blend of Organic Sencha Green Tea, fig pieces, aloe vera, sandalwood and orange flowers.  The combination provides an earthy yet sweet taste and awesome aroma that is perfect any time of day.  Green tea has a plethora of health benefits that's sure to leave you glowing."


Since I love tea (Idon't drink coffee), this was a welcome surprise in this month's Luxe Box.  Can't wait to try it.

One thing I didn't receive but was looking forward to trying was the ELF eye shadow.  Not a big deal as ELF products are cheap to buy (most are only $1) however, I would have preferred receiving the ELF shadow over the Pur Minerals or Lise Watier.

On their website,  Loose Button says "Discover new products" ... unfortunately they continue to send samples from brands we've previously received - which is a real pet peeve of mine.   I just signed up for a yearly subscription  as I was optimistic Loose Button would step up their game with Glymm and now Topbox providing a similar service.  Unfortunately I am seriously considering cancelling my yearly subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment