Friday, November 11, 2011

Favorite Beauty Products - October 2011

I haven't done a monthly favorites post before, but thought I would try to do one of these each month outlining the products I used most often for the previous month.

... so here we go ...

Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream
I had been reading a lot about BB creams on different blogs, and hearing about them in youtube videos so thought I would give it a try. Rather than going out and buying one (I had no clue which one was best), I searched the MUA swap database for one and was lucky to find a great MUAer to swap with.  If you're not sure what a BB cream is, check out my blog post on BB creams.


The color I received was 21 (light beige) ... and on first application, I truly loved it.  I did notice the grey cast everyone mentioned, but with adding a dusting of Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation over top, my skin was not nearly as pale.  The coverage is light, however, after watching the pros on youtube I learned the correct way to apply the BB cream to make the coverage more full coverage.

To properly apply BB cream, pump an appropriate amount of BB cream onto the back of your hand.  Apply the cream in dots to your face - do not spread the BB cream like you would when you apply foundation.  Instead, use gentle patting motions to spread and blend it into your skin - you can even use a Beauty Blender sponge.  You can then use the same technique for covering up any blemishes or marks you would like covered.

Since trying BB cream, I'm never going back to liquid foundation again.  They provide excellent coverage, won't clog pores and provide excellent sun protection (this one has 42 SPF).  One thing I should mention about BB cream is it does oxidize throughout the day and will turn a bit darker.


Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation
I really like this powder.  As mentioned, I use it over my Missha BB cream to help with coverage and as a finishing powder.  It gives my skin a nice glow too, without looking sparkly or glittery.  My summer color is 30 watts, however, for Winter, I think I will try 20 watts.
It has a nice texture and looks very natural.  However, if you are looking for a powder foundation, this probably isn't for you.  I just want a finishing powder and this is perfect.


Guerlain Meteorites Pearls - Teint Beige
I had heard so many good things about this powder and was anxious to try it, however, couldn't justify the price  ($57 US at Sephora).  I finally decided just before our annual trip to Orlando that I would bite the bullet and make the purchase.

I am so glad I purchased this ... the powder adds a slight shimmer/glow to your skin and the smell is absolutely heavenly.  Definitely an good investment so don't be intimidated by the price.


Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Cream
Now that the weather is getting cooler, I absolutely love this ... the scent is so decadent.  It slides on the skin nicely and is non-greasy.  It has done wonders for my dry fall/winter skin and I will never be without this.



Principessa - Pretty Piede Foot Balm
I received a sample of this in my October Glymm Beauty Box and immediately fell in love with it.


The cream is very thick and contains fruit acids, shea butter, Vitamin E and organic indulgent extracts that really seem to soften the roughest skin on my feet.  It`s scented with Bellocia which I found out is top notes of peach blossom, vanilla, middle of the night blooming jasmine, ylang-ylang and a base of sandalwood and warm amber.  Yes it sounds like a lot of notes, but it`s really subtle and pleasant.

I loved it so much, I ordered a full size from the Glymm website.


Principessa Bacio Lip Balm
Another sample I received in my October Glymm Beauty Box and fell in love with immediately.


The balm is clear with a wonderful smell and contains Vitamin E and shea butter which is absolutely perfect for those of us who suffer from dry sore lips during the colder fall/winter months in Canada.  I can definitely see this becoming a staple in my purse for fall/winter.

... and there you have it ... my first favorites post.  Hope it's been helpful to at least one person out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment