Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November Glymm Beauty Box Review

I absolutely loved my first two Glymm Beauty boxes and was very much looking forward to receiving this month's wonderful samples.

Included in this month's box:




Rahua Shampoo/Conditioner
I always love trying out new shampoos and conditioners.  According to the information card, this shampoo and conditioner is Gwenth Paltrow's secret to luxurious hair.  The full size is 275 ml each for $32 and $34.



Orlane - Light Smoothing Cream
According to the information card "The hypoallergenic day cream is infused with rich vitamins and minerals to defend your skin against daily toxins."  Now that winter has arrived here in Canada, I am always on the lookout for a good day cream.  Looking forward to giving this a try.  The full size is 50 ml for $80



Lise Watier - Flash Lift Radiance Vial
I had received this as a sample in last month's Loose Button Luxe Box (although I still have not tried it yet).  According to the information card, this serum "erases the signs of fatigue and smooths the appearance of wrinkles."  Full size is 7-1 ml vials for $27.



Annabelle - Smudge Paint
I have been anxious to try this product for some time and was very disappointed when I saw the color I had received.  According to the information card you can use this as an eyeliner and a shadow.  I don't know about you, but I honestly don't wear either blue eye shadow or blue eye liner - especially someone who is in my age range (40+).  I know Glymm only receives so many samples but maybe they should pay attention to their subscriber's profiles more carefully to make sure they are sending a color that would be appropriate for their age range or for all ages.



RGB Nail Lacquer - Black
I was excited to see a nail polish from RGB in my box this month ... that was again until I saw the color.  I understand that black nail polish is no longer considered "goth" or "punk" but again, the color is just not right for some one in my age range.



Also included was a $10 off code for Brownshoes.com

All in all, I was very pleased with the products received, however, was disappointed in the colors of the eyeliner/shadow and polish.  Glymm had knocked it out of the park with the previous two month's boxes, but unfortunately fell short this month.  I would have definitely given this month's box higher marks if the eyeliner/shadow and nail polish colors had been different colors and more suited to "everyone".

Also, I had posted my concerns on Glymm's FB page over the colors received and received a reply that "we have taken this into consideration.  Meanwhile you can always e-mail info@glymm.com with specific preferences."  I thought that's why we filled out our beauty profile in the first place??

Hopefully next month Glymm redeems themselves.


**UPDATE** - rec'd an email from Glymm today (November 17) saying they would be sending me an RGB nail polish and a SmudgePaint in another color in my next box.  Now folks, that is what customer service is all about!!  Way to go Glymm!!






3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to switch from Luxebox to Glymm, it's cheaper and just seems cuter and more fun. Depending on how my luxebox turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a problem with not receiving the Annabelle product and I was really pleased with how fast they replied back. I agree I am in that same age category and that is what I thought the purpose of the profile was to get the right products for us.

    What do you think of Luxe box? I have it but I am thinking of cancelling it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been generally disappointed with Luxe Box the past few months. They seem to stick to the same brands and I don't feel we are getting to try anything new. This month, after getting yet more samples from brands we've received in previous boxes, I am seriously thinking of cancelling Luxe Box

    ReplyDelete