Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 2012 Glymm Box

If you've been following my blog you know that Glymm is one of my favorite beauty box subscriptions.  I was a bit disappointed in last month's box, but was hopeful Glymm would redeem themselves this month.

So, what did I receive??






Lucia - Soap #1
According to the info card this soap is "packed with pure botanical extracts with 100% certified organic Shea Butter".  The scent I received was Goat Milk and Linseed.  Unfortunately to me, it smells kind of "old ladyish".
Full size: 8 soaps for $17.50
Sample: 1 soap = $2.19


Free Your Mane - Sulfate Free Shampoo & Conditioner
According to the info card, they "gently cleanse hair and scalp while natural oils help rebuild your hair's delicate moisture balance".  I've been using sulfate free shampoo for a couple months now, so am interested to see how this stacks up to my current brand.
Full Size: 300 ml for $16
Sample:  7.4 ml = $1


Mai Couture - Social Gloss
According to the info card "not only will this gloss fill in unwanted lines and restore moisture, but it will create full kissable lips".  The formula is a complex mix of plant extracts that naturally enhance lip volume without the allergen.  The color I received was a beige toned pink ... not sure it will suit me.
Full Size:  5 ml for $28
Sample:  Full Size


Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine
Atelier is a niche perfume house in Paris and New York.  And after giving it a sniff, I can say it is a nice fragrance if you like citrus smells.  For me, this was just "meh".
Full Size:  30 ml for $60 or 200 ml for $165
Sample:  Approx. 2 ml  = $4



Nu-Me $100 Gift Certificate
At first glance, I thought "wow" ... but then realized that we received a product from Nu-Me in last month's box - feather hair extensions - which I had no intention of trying/wearing.  A quick look at their website confirmed that they have styling tools (which I do not use), hair extensions (again, which I do not use) and some hair care items which I most likely won't be buying.  So if anyone wants the card/code, just message me and it's yours!



Total value of this month's box (not including the Nu-me gift certificate) = $35

Final thoughts:
Overall I’m not super excited about this box. I’ll use the shampoo, conditioner and probably the soap but unfortunately the samples are not that exciting. As for the full-sized lip gloss, I’m not sure if it’s a good colour for me and will most likely give it away.  I give this box a 2.5 out of 5.

Unfortunately that's been 2 months in a row I've been disappointed in my Glymm Box ... which actually surprises me somewhat.  Hopefully next month's box will be better.

If you'd like to subscribe to Glymm, you can use my referral link.  I get 50 points for everyone who signs up - which can be used for free boxes, or products in their shop.

Until next month ...


2 comments:

  1. I recently cancelled my Glymm box and April's box was my last one. When I opened the April box, my first thought was "this confirmed cancelling". I really think that Loose Button and Glymm need to step it up to compete with Glossy Box and Top Box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of cancelling my subscription because like you, I have had quite a few bad months. This one was really disappointing in regards to samples they sent. As for the g/c I looked on the site and nothing interest me because I know I will have to pay duty on something and upon reading the fine print it excludes hair care and accessories. I really think Glymm should think about sending these out because I am sure not everyone will use them.

    ReplyDelete