Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Late Review - June & July Luxe Boxes

I want to apologize for being so late in reviewing my June and July Luxe Boxes from Loose Button ... summer is a very busy time for my husband so in turn, because he has a home office, that means I am busy LOL.

But onto the reviews ... As the external packaging for the Luxe Box hasn't changed, I won't bother posting pictures of it.


June Luxe Box

This month's Luxe Box included these samples:


L to R
~ Joico K Pak Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil
~ Laura Mercier Eye Color - Twilight Grey (full size upgrade!)
~ Dermatologica Shaving Cream & Daily Clean Scrub (for the man in my life)
~ Consonant Skincare Face Wash


This was the second month my Luxe Box had both a Dermatologica and Consonant sample. I notice that this is becoming quite common with the Luxe Boxes, as previous Luxe Boxes had samples of the Elizabeth Grant products in more than one month's box. I really don't like this.

I was very happy to receive the Laura Mercier eyeshadow! I love the color and can honestly say I will be using it quite often.

The Joico styling oil was a nice treat for my color treated hair. I can see myself purchasing this and using it on a regular basis.

As for the Consonant face wash, I have had previous problems with my skin and am currently using Philosophy products which have cleared up my skin nicely. I would like to try it, however, don't want to chance a break-out so have given it to my hubby to use.

All in all, I was a little disappointed in this Luxe Box.


July Luxe Box

This month's Luxe Box included these samples:


L to R:
~ Essie Nail Polish - French Affair
~ Consonant Eye & Face Creams
~ Trucco Eye Liner
~ Stella in Two Peony Fragrance


Unfortunately when I opened this month's Luxe Box, I was very disappointed that there was another Consonant skincare sample included. This would be the third month a sample from this company had been included in a Luxe Box. I am all in favor of promoting Canadian businesses, however, I don't think you need to keep sending samples from the same company month after month.

The Essie nail polish in French Affair was a nice sample. I don't really wear lighter pink nail polish colors, but will give it a try to at least see how it holds up to chipping, etc.

I was a bit surprised that the Trucco sample was labeled as an eye liner. The color is more of a lip color than an eye liner. I doubt I'll use it as an eye liner, but may use it as an eye shadow.


The Stella in Two Peony fragrance sample smells divine. I can see this being a great spring/summer fragrance and would definitely think about purchasing this for myself.


My biggest disappointment in the June and July luxe boxes was that there were samples included from the same brand as previous luxe boxes. I'm hoping that in the coming months, we'll be receiving new and exciting samples rather than samples from the same brands.




No comments:

Post a Comment