Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another Alternative to Birchbox for us Canadians

OK, I'm sure most of you have heard of Birchbox - a subscription service where each month you receive a selection of 4-5 samples from skincare to makeup to cult beauty tools, from well-known brands as well as up and coming brands.  Unfortunately at this time, Birchbox only ships to the US.

For us Canadians, we really had no alternative until Loose Button came on the scene with their Luxe Box.   Loose Button launched their Luxe Box by invitation to founding members  in the early Spring - at a cost of $10/month.  They have, however, just recently opened up their service to the public and raised their price to $12/month.  

I have generally been happy with my Luxe Box offerings, however, have noticed that over the course of the last few months, I have received samples from the same brand on more than one occasion (see my review here).

I've recently become aware of another such service available to us Canadians - the Glymm Box.  As with Loose Button's Luxe Box, this is a subscription service where you receive 4-5 deluxe samples, however, the cost for the Glymm  Box is only $10/month.

I think I'll give Glymm Box a try for a few months and see how the two services pair up against one another, and if Glymm Box is as awesome as I've heard, I just may not be renewing my Luxe Box subscription.



No comments:

Post a Comment