Friday, August 19, 2011

August Luxe Box Review

If you've been reading my previous blogs, you'll recall that I was a bit disappointed with the last few Luxe Box offerings mostly due to the fact that Loose Button had included samples from the same brand as in previous months' Luxe Boxes.   I had hoped that this month's Luxe Box would redeem Loose Button, and I wasn't disappointed.

As in previous month's, the outside packaging hadn't changed, but when opening the box, I noticed new black tissue paper in place of the usual teal ...



Under the dark tissue were this month's samples:


L to R
~ Sheyna Handmade Earrings
~ Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup
~ City Lips Lip Plumping Treatment
~ Proclaim Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Cream
~ Calvin Klein Forbiddn Euphoria Fragrance


According to my little personalized note, I was one of a select few to receive a Pur Minerals sample.  I definitely look forward to trying it, however, note the color is medium, which may be a bit too dark for my complexion.  I'll give it a whirl though, and seeing that it's summer, a little color isn't a bad thing.

Next was the City Lips Lip Plumping treatment ... I had not heard of this brand before receiving the sample in my Luxe Box, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it.  I'm not much of a lip product person.  I rarely wear lipstick or lip gloss but do wear lip balm to relieve my dry chapped lips.

I was excited to see the Proclaim Cocoa Butter lotion included in this month's box.  Living in Canada, my skin can get quite dry - especially in the winter - and I'm never without lotion in my purse.

I was also excited to see the Calvin Klein fragrance sample.  I have a couple of the Calvin Klein fragrances but not this particular one - which smells wonderful.

Lastly, I was very impressed to see the Sheyna jewelry sample included in this month's box.  The earrings are very dainty and will be wearable with a lot of different outfits.


All in all, I was very impressed with this month's Luxe Box.  I was seriously contemplating not renewing my subscription when it came due in October, but can definitely say Loose Button has redeemed themselves with this month's box.  If the next few Luxe Boxes are as awesome as this month's, I will rethink not renewing my subscription.


No comments:

Post a Comment