Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Impression - Stylebox by Jamberry

When I heard that Jamberry Nails were launching a monthly subscription service starting August 1st, I was extremely excited.  I have subscribed to a number of monthly beauty boxes in one form or another over the past couple years and thoroughly enjoyed receiving them and the surprises they contained. Now, just to clarify, I am not one to get excited over nail polish, as when it comes to polishing my nails I have two left thumbs so to speak and ultimately always make a mess, not to mention being extremely impatient when it comes to the polish drying.

I excitedly signed up for my Stylebox when I was able.  The only thing I didn't like is that you have no other option but to purchase either a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription - they do not offer a month to month subscription up front.  Upon completion of your initial subscription time period, the subscription does revert to a month to month payment of $25 USD/$32 CAD.

I received my notification on August 8th that my first Stylebox had shipped (marketing material indicated the first box would ship August 5th).  Shipping is free with the subscription, so I was anxious to see how quickly the box arrived.   Imagine my surprise when UPS dropped off the Stylebox late that same afternoon.


Upon opening the box, you are greeted by a "style card" and the contents wrapped in tissue paper


The contents of the box are supposed to be a wrap from the current catalog, a wrap exclusive to Stylebox subscribers, a nail file and orange stick.  Value of the contents is a minimum of $34.

Upon opening the tissue, you are greeted by the contents


Ummm ... something is missing ... was there not supposed to be a nail file included in the box?


Now to most people, a nail file isn't a big deal, however, as a Jamberry Consultant, I would expect my customers to receive everything they signed up to receive, so promptly sent off an email to Jamberry Support to let them know.

Overall, I am happy with my Stylebox ... I did know ahead of time what was going to be included in the first box, however with subsequent boxes, I don't believe even consultants will know what they are getting (unless they stalk FB or Youtube unboxings) ...

Hopefully next month I'll get my nail file ....

If you are interested in signing up for Stylebox by Jamberry - head on over to my website http://BetterthanPolish.ca ... there are three subscription options, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month. Hopefully Jamberry will also begin offering month to month subscriptions in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment