Friday, January 18, 2013

Work From Home with your own Candle Business

These days people are having a hard time meeting their financial obligations; some are now one income families due to a layoff; some are out of work and can’t find a job or at least one that can pay their bills, etc. Reality is, we all need multiple streams of income to ensure our livelihood. You can’t depend on your employer to be there for you any longer. They are looking out for their bottom line and if they have to restructure or close an office or plant then you or your spouse may be left out in the cold. Many people have 2nd and 3rd jobs because one job isn’t cutting it. A Direct Selling business could be the cure to all of your ails!

Now, there are so many advertisements for Home Based Businesses, Work From Home commercials, Make Money Online, etc. So, which one do you choose?

Here’s what you should do: Review a bunch of business opportunities. Don’t just pick the first one you see on late night TV or the first blinking ad on the internet. Don’t sign up with the first person to hit you up with an opportunity just because they are your friend or because you get caught up in the moment. Check out at least 5 businesses that you could get excited about. If you’re a health nut then check out some of the lotion and potion products out there. If you are interested in more of a ‘professional’ opportunity look for those.  If you like scrapbooking there are several home based scrapbooking opportunities so check them out. You should NEVER pick a business model that you don’t have excitement for.

Over the past few years we had some pretty tough times.  My husband wasn't getting as much work thrown his way and money was getting tight.  How would we pay our bills?  I applied for every job out there but unfortunately no one called me.

One of the ways I decided to cut back on expenses, was to stop buying candles from Bath and Body Works as I was truly spending a ton of money on those candles each month ... and it was something we didn't really need. Fast forward a few months ... things were picking up for my husband work wise. I had come across a couple youtube videos by an honest, charismatic gal who sold Scentsy. I began to give it some thought. Now, with a house full of animals (we have 6 ferrets, 3 cats and 3 dogs) I was always worried one of them were going to knock over a candle, or burn their noses from sticking them in the candles to sniff. Plus I was forever second guessing myself if I had remembered to blow out the candle before going to bed, or when heading out the door. And, by selling Scentsy I figured I would be getting my candles at a discount (with getting my commission back on anything I purchased) and who doesn’t love to get things at a discount.

I also liked the idea of contributing to our household finances ... I had been working at home for my husband since 2006, but wanted something of my own - where I made my own mad money so to speak. Now keep in mind I am NOT the home party girl… I never host parties, I never go to the parties, so I didn’t know how much I would like being a Consultant and throwing home parties for a living. However, I figured if I hated it, or just wasn’t any good at Scentsy, I could quit and not be out more than a little pride.

With the Scentsy Business Opportunity I didn’t have to go through any interview processes, work special hours, have a boss tell me what to do, etc. I did have to pay a fee to join the opportunity but really, when I looked at how much money it cost me to own and run my own business, spending $99 to get my own “franchise” if you will, was a no brainer. I had the chance to try out these opportunities and were readily welcomed. All I had to do was follow ‘the leader’ and their systems and add in my desire and work ethic!

Over the next few months, my Scentsy Business began to grow.

I work my business as much as I want and need to. I help my hubby with his business (which he does from home as well), we can just hang out or take a break and go shopping, watch a movie, etc. whenever we want (on his days off from work of course). I have time flexibility which is priceless!

Scentsy is where I want to be. Great product, great people and an even Greater Opportunity for my family!

You may be reading this wondering why I’ve told you all of this information about ourselves. It’s because of Scentsy that we can now pay our bills and are pulling ourselves out of debt. We can get medical insurance again, think about getting reliable cars, start planning for our financial future, go on a vacation, etc.

If you’ve struggled to find a way out of your financial crisis then you should really look at a Home Based Business. Heck, try 2 of them to see which one fits you better. Whatever you decide to do, give it your all. Be excited about it and make sure to run your business with integrity!

What I didn’t expect from all of this was to just fall in LOVE with Scentsy … I love the products, I love the people (and my team) and I love the company. I love Scentsy’s mantra to “give more than you take” and appreciate knowing that I help support so many good causes through Scentsy. Scentsy is truly a family-friendly company that has blessed me in so many ways.

To learn more about Scentsy Products, please visit us online at FinestScents.Scentsy.ca




Visit me on Facebook:  Finest Scents by Bonny
Follow me on Twitter:  @CdnDznyLuvr

My Scentsy Website:  Finest Scents by Bonny
To Join My Scentsy Team:  Click Here



No comments:

Post a Comment