Monday, February 13, 2012

GlossyBox Comes to Canada!

GlossyBox has been available in the UK and Australia for a while now and is now Canada's 4th beauty subscription service along side Luxe Box, Glymm and newcomer Topbox. I've seen many reviews and videos on the UK and Australia versions, I was very happy to see GlossyBox finally available in Canada.

This was the first box from GlossyBox ...








So what did I receive? L to R

Elizabeth Arden - Prevage Day Anti-Aging Restorative Cream
... helps to fight the visible effects of environmental damage and enhances the skin's natural moisture
Full Size is 50 ml for $160
Sample Size is 7 ml = $22.40

Elizabeth Grant - Skin Care Moisturizing Stick
... this moisturizing stick is a highly moisturizing balm that leaves your lips feeling soft and hydrated and is a great compliment to the At last Lipstains
Full Size is 5 g for $12
Sample Size is 3.5 g = $8.40

Oscar de la Renta - Live in Love
... this green floral embodies the love that today's woman has for everything in her life, created for women by a man that adores them .... Oscar
Full Size is 30 ml for $62
Sample Size is 4 ml = $8.27

Ahava - Mineral Body Cream
... contains aloe vera, natural moisturizers and minerals that glide over your skin and wrap your body in moisture all day long
Full Size is 250 ml for $28
Sample Size is 40 ml = $4.48

Wella - Professional Brilliance Shampoo
... helps to enhance the radiance of colored hair.  This light shampoo leaves even fine hair full of vitality and shine with diamond dust.
Full Size is 300 ml for $13.99
Sample Size is 50 ml = $2.33

Extra Special Surprise Treat - Beauty So Clean Sanitizing Wipes and Mist
... wipes sanitize makeup, removing bacteria in 10 seconds and mist removes bacteria and germs on powder-based and cream-based products.
Full Size is 48 pack of wipes for $12.50; mist is 125 ml for $15.99
Sample Size is 4 wipes = $1.04; 8 ml = $1.02

Total Value of this box: $48


My thoughts?

The reason I decided to purchase another beauty subscription box in addition to my other subscriptions was because I've watched so many videos of subscribers in Europe and Australia rave about the amazing products that they received from their GlossyBoxes. I expected nothing less from the Canadian GlossyBox, especially when the press boxes were released and included a full sized Essie nail polish and a nice sized Oscar de la Renta body lotion.

All in all, I wasn't totally impressed with the inaugural box. I guess I wrongly assumed we would be receiving the same products in our boxes.

As well, when I subscribed back in January, I completed the beauty profile, yet my box included products I asked not to receive (specifically anti-aging and perfume). I double checked my beauty profile online and once I resubmitted it I received this message "Your beauty profile will not affect the contents of your GLOSSYBOX at this time, but we will be using this information in future to customize the contents of your box to your indivudual style and beauty preferences. Thank you."

I was really hoping GlossyBox would blow the others out of the water, but unfortunately it wasn't so.  Hopefully they will step up their game in the coming months.

If you are interested in ordering a GlossyBox for yourself or someone else, you can do so by using this link.

Until next month ...

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I was disappointed that the press got the best boxes as well! Hopefully this months box will be better and the same for everyone.

    I've given up on Glymm. Four boxes and three of them were missing items or had damaged items in there. There customer care was terrible.

    So, my $10 will be spent on trying out something from the cheaper makeup lines that I've neglected over the years!

    ReplyDelete