Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 2012 Topbox

I love getting my beauty subscription boxes in the mail ... I really do ... it's like Christmas every month!!

This month, just after I received my shipping notice from Topbox, I received an email advising me that they unfortunately ran out of one of the items and were including two variations of a higher value item in my Topbox this month. I was anxious to find out what it was .... oh the anticipation LOL

On my scheduled delivery date, I made my way to the mailbox and found not one but two tubes waiting for me ... SCORE!!!




So what was included in this month's Topbox??


Cake - It's a slice Velveteen hand Creme
This wasn't on my information Card, so I'm assuming it was the "two variations of a higher value item" Topbox  emailed me about.  I received the same hand creme previously in my November 2011 Topbox.  According to Full Size is 100 ml/3.4 oz for $18.00
Sample Size is 100 ml = $18.00


Pari Beauty - Eyeshadow
According to the information card "my shade was personalized for me based on my sense of style and eye color" ... if only they knew I spend most of my days working from home in my sweats and PJs!! LOL
Full size is 2 g for $11.00
Sample size is 2 g = $11.00



Lilly Pilly - Kakadu Plum Hand and Body Creme
I received a 50 ml sample of the Lilly Pilly Tea Tree hand creme in my last month's top box so receiving 2 - 3 ml samples was a bit of a let down.
Full Size is 50 ml for $22
Sample Size is 6 ml =  $0.88

YSL - Touche Eclat
I was very excited to see a YSL product in our Topbox and couldn't wait to try it.  Although I did like this, unfortunately once you open the sample, there is no way to close it up again if you don't use it all so most of it was wasted.
Full Size is $50 (no mention of actual size)
Sample Size - no mention of actual size

YSL - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
Again, I was very excited to see a YSL product included in our Topbox this month ... haven't given this a whirl yet, but am very much looking forward to doing so.
Full Size is $36 (again no mention of actual size)
Sample Size -  no mention of actual size


C.Booth Derma Skin Care - Collagen Elastin Restorative Hand & Nail Treatment
Living up here in the Great White North, I always welcome hand creams.  This one, according to the info card, is an "effective anti-aging treatment for hands and nails ... is a rich, luxurious cream that drenches dry hand and rough cuticles with proven emollients.  It visibly diminishes the appearance of find lines, wrinkles and discolorations that come with age"

While my hands aren't that old looking, one can not have enough prevention and hopefully this will fade some of the discoloration I have on my hands from various scratches, etc.

Full size is 120 ml for $16
Sample Size is 120 ml = $16.00




Total Value of this month's Topbox: $45.88+

So, what did I think of this month's Topbox ... again, another winner, considering a Topbox subscription is only $10 a month!!   Topbox and Glymm both continue to be the top two beauty subscription services in my book. Hopefully GlossyBox will follow suit and improve over their first box in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment