Thursday, January 16, 2014

I'm Inspired to Declutter




A good friend of mine has recently decided to teach her 5 year old twins the joys of entrepreneurship, and how it can be very rewarding for them to set a goal and reach it.  Every day, they are listing items they no longer need/want on eBay and decided the proceeds from the sale of those items would be put toward a family vacation to Walt Disney World. They are are going through drawers, closets and storage spaces and deciding on what to sell.  Even other family members are getting in on the fun ...

This made me think about the clutter in my own home and how I have drawers and boxes full of "stuff" that I once bought but haven't used or needed in years, so inspired by my friend Candice, I decided to do my own version of the online garage sale and list some items of mine for sale.

In the process of deciding what I wanted to get rid of, I discovered I have way too much "stuff" ... so I am starting with something easy - something I don't use any longer - my nail polish.  There is a reason for this - I love the way my nails look when polished, however, I don't have the patience to sit and do my nails perfectly.  I get frustrated when the paint job on my non-dominant hand looks better than my dominant hand, and hate having to wait for the polish to dry.  I hate that my polish only lasts a day or two, and thus I rarely polish my nails.

Now, I'm not sure what I will do with the money raised from my eBay sales - maybe my hubby and I will take a vacation to somewhere like Punta Cana, or maybe we'll take a Disney cruise.  It will all depend on how much "stuff" I am able to get rid of.

Check out my auctions/sales here - http://www.ebay.com/usr/msbonl

And please, check out Candice's family auctions/sales at http://www.ebay.com/usr/hollywoodchick as well as her 100 days of eBay videos on Hollywood Chick's Youtube channel

TTFN,

Bonny




1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! I'm so happy that you've joined my 100 day eBay challenge!!!!! <3 <3 <3 Good luck!

    ReplyDelete