Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Comparing the Loose Button Luxe Box and Glymm Beauty Box

I just want to start off by saying I am a founding member of Loose Button's Luxe Box so have received more Luxe Boxes than Glymm.  However, because I was a bit disappointed at the Luxe Box offerings over the past few months, I thought I would check out Glymm to see what their Beauty Box offered.

Both Loose Button and Glymm are subscription services which offer 4-5 deluxe beauty samples per month delivered right to your door with free shipping, with both offering different subscription services (monthly, quarterly, yearly).  When signing up, both services have a "beauty profile" that you complete - which is used to personalize the beauty samples they send to you.

Samples from both services are comparable.  Some of the brands I've received in my Luxe Boxes were from Stila, Essie, Elizabeth Grant,  Pur Minerals, City Lips, Proclaim, Calvin Klein, Joico, Laura Mercier, Dermatologica and most recently Mereadesso, Pure and Simple and Kerastase.  Loose Button will also sometimes upgrade certain samples to full size - and who doesn't like to receive a full size sample.  I've only received one Beauty Box from Glymm so far, and the samples were from Oscar De La Renta, John Masters Organics and Vasanti.  I look forward to receiving more samples from Glymm.

Both services now offer a rewards type program.

With Glymm, you accumulate points for ordering a box, completing reviews on the contents of your monthly Beauty Box, for purchases in the Beauty Boutique and for referrals.  Points can be redeemed for money off products purchased in the Beauty Boutique.

Loose Button on the other hand, only has a refer a friend program.  For every 3 friends you refer and sign up to receive a Luxe Box, you will receive a free Luxe Box.

So which service do I prefer??

Products - I don't think I can choose one over the other - both offer a variety of products and I love both ...

Price - both are comparable - Glymm is only $10/month (or $110/year) whereas Loose Button is $12/month (or $120/year).

Presentation - My personal preference is Glymm

Website - I much prefer the Glymm website - everything is just easier to find quickly

Rewards - I have to give this one to Glymm

Customer Service - both are excellent; both have Facebook and Twitter pages and are good at answering any posts/tweets

Bottom line is I am really on the fence about which service I like more.  They both are really great services and I do like them both.  I will definitely continue my subscription to both services.


You can order your Loose Button Luxe Box here and your Glymm Beauty Box here


No comments:

Post a Comment