Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bath and Body Works is EVIL

I tried to stay away from B&BW for awhile, I really did. But they know just how to suck you back into buying their products! Props to their marketing department for that.

I have been shopping there for a couple years now, and will likely continue to for a long time. I've sampled pretty widely from their line, but especially love the lotions, which I use as fragrances. Saying that, I have found the fragrances to be hit or miss, but the ones I love I really, really love. And I am very picky about scents.

Some favorites: Black Amethyst, Midnight Pomegranate, Orange Sapphire and PS I Love You, I also love their whole Aromatherapy line. (I'm sure the future I'll be adding more to the list)

On the downside, some of their fruity scents are very artificial smelling (Country Apple and Sun Ripened Raspberry come to mind) while others are too musky (Winter Candy Apple, Moonlight Path).

B&BW are masters of upselling as well ... it's very hard to stay on budget once you walk in the door ("why buy one bottle of lotion, when you can buy two and get a third free?").

Ah, well. I love this place. Their stuff makes great gifts, and besides, it makes me happy to smell good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment