Friday, July 23, 2010

Tim Hortons Ice Cappuccino


... or more commonly known as an "ice cap" ... and I'm hopelessly addicted.

An ice cap is a summertime drink made from coffee, thick cream and ice ... while I don't know the exact number, I think each one has about a million calories!!

The ice cap is a menace ... and it is, no doubt, designed to be as addictive as crack cocaine. I'm sure that somebody in the chemistry department at Tim Hortons worked long and hard to boost the ice cap ingredients with fats and sugars, and all manner of goop to make you drool.

When you look at the goop coming out of the machine, it is really disgusting when you think about it ... but it's good ... really good.

Ice caps come in five delicious flavours - French Vanilla, Butter Caramel, Hazelnut, Mint and seasonal varieties (such as their newest flavour Mocha). I always just order the regular Iced Cap with chocolate milk. It's very refreshing and always tastes great (seriously I have never had one not taste great) ... they are very affordable (about $2 to $3 depending on the size you order.

My mission - I must find a copy cat recipe which will allow me to make these at home!!!


Note : Tim Horton's nutritional literature says a 10 oz Ice Cap has 250 calories. You can get one made with milk for 150 calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment