Monday, April 21, 2014

A Blast From The Past

I hadn't been on Pinterest for a while so when I decided to take a few minutes out of my day to see what I was missing, I saw quite a few posts from people of things from their childhood that they miss today.  "OOH what a great idea for a blog post" I thought to myself - and thus today's blog post was born.

Who remembers these little gems??  Mojo's ... they were common in the 70's and 80's then kinda vanished ...


I used to love eating this on Ritz crackers ... yeah I know it probably wasn't any good for me LOL ... and no, I never did like the stuff that came in the can (the Kraft Easy Cheese)



These were always a pain in the butt to use, but neat ... 



Who remembers the Liddle Kiddies???  They were originally marketed by Mattel - I think I still have one or two of these somewhere


I still have my Crissy Doll in it's box somewhere too ...


In case you don't know what the big deal with Crissy was, here's the commercial :)



These are still one of my favorite snacks to this day ... I always pick up a package when I find them (usually in random gas stations or 7-11)



And while we're on the topic of food ... this was one of my favorite treats that my Grandma used to make for me when I came home from school



And yet, more food ... these were so yummy ... 



Loved all these too ...







Does anyone remember their Grandma or Mother displaying one of these beauties for Christmas?? I actually still have the one my Grandma used to display ... I put it out every Christmas in honor of her :)



Who had some of these???  Who whacked their knuckles trying to perfect them??? 




What about food that you loved as a kid but is now discontinued??




Great ... now I want some cheese balls and magic middles ... *sigh*

Oh, by the way, did you know that there is a website where you can get some of your old time favorite candies - Old Time Candy has a ton of the wonderful treats you remember eating as a kid. Go check it out!!








No comments:

Post a Comment