Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Impression ... Thrive DFT Patch

As most of you know, I've been at a stand still with my weight for some time. I have been trying to lose another 25 lbs, however, am not having much luck.

I have been eating healthier (YAY), I've been drinking my Shakeology every day for the last few years, and I've tried just about every gimmick out there - until last week. A friend who knows I am trying to lose those last few pounds, asked me if I had heard about Thrive. At first I thought she meant Thrive Life the dehydrated food company but soon realized she was talking about Thrive from Le-Vel. oooops LOL

Apparently, the Thrive experience is "an 8 week lifestyle program" which encompasses a vitamin supplement, a shake and, the thing I am most interested in trying, a "derma fusion" patch. This might be a good time to mention I DETEST having to take pills of any sort - and most vitamins, at least to me, are huge and hard to swallow. That's one of the reasons I drink my Shakeology every day - so I don't have to take a vitamin pill. The Thrive DFT patch seems perfect for me.


According to the website, the Thrive DFT Patch is a 24-hour transdermal delivery of vitamins and minerals geared towards boosting your metabolism instead of a drug. The patch is supposed to help with weight control, mental clarity, appetite control and metabolic support.

Let's look at the ingredients:

~ Forslean
Forslean is standardized powdered extract from the roots of the Coleus forskohlii plant and is said to help with weight management and circulation support.

~ Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee beans are coffee beans that have not yet been roasted. These coffee beans contain a higher amount of the chemical chlorogenic acid. This chemical is thought to have health benefits. For high blood pressure it might affect blood vessels so that blood pressure is reduced. For weight loss, chlorogenic acid in green coffee is thought to affect how the body handles blood sugar and metabolism.

~ Garcinia Cambogia
Developing research suggests that garcinia might prevent fat storage and control appetite; however, whether these effects occur in humans is unclear.

~ CoQ10
CoQ10 acts as an antioxidant, which protects cells from damage and plays an important part in the metabolism.

~ White Willow Bark
White willow bark acts a lot like aspirin, so it is used for pain, including headache, muscle pain, menstrual cramps, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), osteoarthritis, gout, and a disease of the spine called ankylosing spondylitis.

~ Cosmoperine
According to the manufacturer's website Cosmoperine is obtained from black pepper using a proprietary process. When included in formulations with other biological actives, it enhances their bioavailability and utilization. Our studies with various products like Green Tea, Coleus Forskohlii Extract and Tetrahydro-curcuminoids showed increased topical permeation. So in English, this basically enhances the absorption of the other ingredients in the patch.

OK, since it seems there is nothing really "bad" in the patch, I decided to give it a go. There is no discount for becoming a member, but signing up as a member is free. They also offer the "refer 2 and yours is free" whether you are a customer or promoter. Customers don't seem to get any other rewards though (like commissions off customer purchases) but because I don't know what the product will do for me, I decided to just sign up as a customer for now.

Most of the products come in "packages" which include everything you will need for a month on the Thrive experience, or you can purchase products separately - which is good for people like me who don't want the shake and vitamin pill. Cost for one month of the Thrive DFT patch is $62 - which works out to just a little over $2/day. They do offer an "ultra" version which is 82% larger and apparently has 300% more ingredients for $88, however, I think I'm going to see how my body reacts to the regular one first (I am a fairly petite gal) and feel those may be better for men or larger ladies.

I'll keep you posted ... my first patch went on today just after my Shakeology.

No comments:

Post a Comment