Monday, November 14, 2011

November Topbox Review

As mentioned in an earlier post, I subscribed to yet another beauty subscription service - this one by Topbox. Topbox is the new kid in Canada offering monthly beauty samples delivered to your door along side Loose Button and Glymm.

For only $10/month, you can sign up with Topbox to receive "4 carefully selected, indulgent, beauty products to test in the comfort of your own home". There are no hidden fees and no shipping costs.

Topbox only offers month to month subscriptions and if you enjoy Topbox, do nothing and your subscription will automatically continue for as long as you choose to remain a member. You can easily cancel anytime, online, 24 hours a day. There are no cancellation fees.

I was anxious to receive my box this month and according to the Topbox website and Facebook page, they ship their boxes on the 10th of every month. Now, those of you who also subscribe to either of the other two services will know that there have been some glitches in sending their monthly boxes. As promised, I received my shipping notification from Topbox on November 10th.

My box arrived today (November 14th) and I was surprised when I went to the mailbox that it wasn't the normal square box waiting for me.


Upon removing the brown paper wrapping and opening the tube ...





WOW

... along with a product card, the samples included:

Cake Velveteen Hand Creme- It's a Slice (full size sample)
I have only tried one other Cake hand cream and loved it, so am looking forward to trying this one - especially now that we're into the colder fall/winter months.

According to the information card - Velveteen Hand Creme soothes and nourishes dry hands with a luxurious and silky formation that absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving your hands feeling smooth but not greasy.  Full size is 3.4 oz for $18.00


Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer - Some Enchanted Evening (full size sample)
I have never tried Deborah Lippman nail lacquers so was very excited to receive this as a sample this month.

According to the information card - Some Enchanted Evening nail lacquer by Deborah Lippmann's luxury line of award winning hand and foot care.  This line was created as a result of her working with some more iconic figures in fashion from Cher to Sara Jessica Parker.  Full Size is 0.50 oz for $19.95


Dr. Brandt - Time Arrest Eye Serum
Now that I am getting older (eek), I am always looking for good eye serums to try and was happy to see this sample in my Topbox this month.

According to the information card - Time Arrest Eye Serum is formulated to smooth and help prevent lines around the eyes; optimizes hydration by providing a long lasting protection from moisture loss.  Full size is 0.50 oz for $85.00.  The sample I received was 2.5 ml or 0.085 oz


Stila Lip Glaze - Raspberry
I have only ever tried one other Stila Lip Glaze (yes I know, I've been living under a rock LOL) so I am looking forward to trying this color.

According to the information card - Lip glaze adds a splash of colour to the lips.  Can be worn alone or over top of your favourite lip colour to enhance the size and texture of lips.  Full size is 0.08 oz for $22.


I must say that I was really impressed with my first Topbox.  There wasn't one product that I didn't like and  I was most excited that there were two full size samples included.  I love the packaging and will most likely reuse it for my make-up brushes.

If Topbox continues to include such great samples I think Loose Button and Glymm will definitely have a challenge keeping their subscribers.  Well done Topbox and I look forward to receiving next month's samples.

3 comments:

  1. I just recently heard about Topbox and I think I might just take a chance and try them out. I love the tube it came in very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Cindy ... I think it's the best of the three so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonny from seeing this I would say for the amount we pay for Glymm and Loose buttons this one is by far the best. Now I can't wait to get my box in Feb.

    ReplyDelete